Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Chocolat Chaud

Hot chocolate.  Chocolat chaud.

Yes, that's right folks, this is a blog post about hot chocolate.

Now, I've had some tasty hot chocolates in my life, but I have to share about the one I had today.  After arriving at Le Petit Moka near la Place République in Perpignan this afternoon, I thought a nice chocolat chaud sounded tasty.  I went ahead and ordered it without even looking at the menu... deciding that chocolat noir (dark chocolate) sounded even better when the waiter told me about that option and sticking with the classique (rather than adding in holiday spices).  I've had a few chocolat chauds during my stay thus far, but none have compared to the one I got today.

Imagine a hot chocolate so thick it's more like pudding than a drink.  This "pudding" is made from not just chocolate, but a delicious dark chocolate.  And it's warm, which it wasn't a very cold day or anything, but warm drinks are always comforting anyways. A perfect drink for a perfect afternoon.


This chocolat chaud is almost indescribable... something to try for yourself.  So if you get the chance, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment