Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Year in Review: 2017

2017 was an interesting year, with lots of change but some newfound stability at the same time.  I decided to stay in Grenoble, where I've been living for the past couple years, and for the first time since high school, I kept the same apartment for more than a year. I felt really good not having to move during the summer. On the other hand, big change happened as well as I decided to start studying for a master's degree. I chose to pursue a master's degree in Communication and International Management (taught entirely in French!), and I'll be continuing my studies over the next year and a half. It feels really strange to be finished with teaching (for now) and back on the other side of the classroom. I have a different respect for teachers, but also more of a critical eye I suppose.

Thinking back over the past year, there were some highlights that make me smile. Let me share them with you:
  • Hiking along canyons, to mountaintops, and through fields of wildflowers
  • Spending a VIP summer with my mom
  • Celebrating the holidays with friends in a wintery wonderland
  • Seeing my first Grenoble hockey match 
  • Traveling with Dad to Turin and eating a 6 course meal in Lyon
  • Biking through the tulip fields of Holland with Mom in "turbo mode"
  • Introducing my brother to the French Alps
  • Celebrating the love of friends with weddings in Perpignan and Grenoble
  • Watching the sunset over the Mediterranean from cliffs
  • Rock climbing with my brother until my muscles gave out
  • Buying a new bike to zip around
  • Feeling confident and loved
  • Ending the year watching a bald eagle fly overhead while sitting in some Colorado hot springs

 Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment