Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

As 2013 comes to a close, I'm taking a moment to remember everything that's happened.  It's been an especially big year for me, with many changes, twists, and turns.  One year ago, I couldn't even imagine where I'd be right now.  It's been an exciting, crazy, sometimes nerve-wracking and stressful year, but I am here, stronger and more confident, ready to see what awaits me next.

This year I have accomplished and experienced many things:
  • Wrote a 42-page thesis on the state of multiculturalism in France
  • Graduated from CSU with a double major, honors, and distinction
  • Bought a one-way ticket to France
  • Started a job in a foreign country
  • Been betrayed
  • Lost, then regained, my social life (thesis!)
  • Lived with my best friend
  • Went from Denver to LA and back in one day
  • Discovered Barcelona, tapas, and cava
  • Revisited a friend in Norway
  • Spent Christmas with my mom abroad
  • Had a heartache from missing family and friends while I've been abroad or they have
  • Practiced foreign languages
  • Started teaching English to 200 French kids
  • Pretended that I knew how to teach English to elementary kids
  • Went to Canada for the first time
  • Stayed in a haunted brothel for a night
  • Ate berries until I couldn't eat anymore
  • Saw my first rugby match at a stadium
  • Tasted the best chocolates in Perpignan
  • Hiked my first Colorado 14er (Mount Elbert @ 14,433 ft)
  • Hiked to an abbey in the mountains
  • Relaxed on a sunny beach in October
  • Walked across a huge suspension bridge through the woods
  • Tasted some wine, and then tasted some more
  • Played at the Boeing factory with my brother
  • Went flying across a lake in Wisconsin on top of a tube
  • Skied, hiked, and watched sunsets in beautiful Colorado
  • Had deep conversations
  • Had a mini reunion from my Norway days in Chicago
  • Stood on plexiglass over Chicago from the top of the Sears Tower
  • Soaked in hot springs
  • Snuggled with my kitty
  • Swam in Horsetooth resevoir
  • Went to the drive-ins
  • Took my camera out to take pictures, and then put it away to let me experience the moment
  • Laughed and cried, lived and loved
I can't wait to see what 2014 brings... especially since I have no clue what I'll be doing... really no clue!








No comments:

Post a Comment