Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Mt St Victoire

Ce weekend, je suis allée à Mont St. Victoire avec des amis internationals qui habitent à Aix.

Translation:  This weekend, I went to Mount St. Victoire with international friends who live in Aix.

On Saturday, I joined up with a new group of people in a local student association called "Mozaik Aix" and hiked Mt St Victoire.  It is basically THE mountain near Aix.  To me, it is unique because it is basically a long mountain ridge instead of one peak.  We hiked for quite a while.. it was steep in some spots, but it was a great day to be out.  The shine was shining bright (and hot - which I am paying for with a sunburn).  At the top, we found the cross and a chapel... a little refuge in the top of the mountain.






I'm really glad I got out and met this group of people.  I am enjoying my program, but am somewhat disappointed that it is only Americans.  It is too easy to just be "American" and not get out of your comfort zone like that.  I want to practice my French and have more of an immersion experience.  Besides, I love my cross-cultural exchange so this did me good to meet people (all living in Aix) from France, Germany, Norway, Denmark, and Italy among others!

No comments:

Post a Comment