Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

17 fevrier: Update

Bonjour!

It feels like it's been a while since I've written anything, so here's to letting you know that I'm still alive!

To catch you up on my life... I took last weekend easy after Nice/ Monaco/ Monte Carlo the weekend before.  I (along with basically every other person in my school) got sick, so not as much was accomplished that week.  I'm feeling much better now!

I just finished my third week of classes and I'm enjoying them quite a lot.  All of my professors are unique and interesting and I expect I'll be learning a lot;

I am loving my art class... it makes me feel artsy.  We just began using paints yesterday.  It's such a challenge to mix the right colors and get the right proportions for the pictures.  We are starting off our painting with copy work... I chose a painting by Degas with ballerinas to work on.  Until then, we'd been working exclusively on drawing.  Day 1 we started with a nude model... might as well do it right the first time!

Tomorrow, I go on my first excursion with my class L'histoire de Provence (History of Provence) to Arles and Glanum.  Not quite sure what we will all see there yet... but I believe it will be looking at Roman ruins and the such.

Sunday, I will be returning to Nice with some friends where we are going to see and experience Carnivale.

As excited as I am for this weekend, I am even more excited for a week from now when my winter break begins.  After I received one last scholarship (yep that's right!), I decided to spring for a Eurail pass!  The plan is to Eurotrip it with four other friends to Normandy (in northwestern France to see Omaha Beach and the landings), then to Brussels, then to Amsterdam, and finally Munich, before returning to Aix.  All this will be happening over 10 days.  I am so incredibly excited... I have a good group of people that I'm going with and I know we will make it an experience to remember.

Of course, it is the time of year to start the next round of financial aid applications, so that's looming over my head a bit.  Deadlines are coming up March 1st so I need to take care of things before I leave for break.  Always more to do!  One day I won't have to worry about FAFSA and scholarship apps...

No comments:

Post a Comment