Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Retour en France

Hello from Grenoble!

I took a summer hiatus from my blog and feel like there's so much to say about all the excited things I did over the past few months.  I wrapped up my classes in Perpignan at the end of May, which was bittersweet, but I was ready for some time back home in Colorado. Throughout the summer, I felt like I was constantly traveling between working in Winter Park, visiting family and friends in Denver, taking a visa trip to Los Angeles and melting in the heat in Omaha.  It felt good to rediscover some familiar places.

A week ago I returned to France with the offer to teach at Université Pierre-Mendès-France in Grenoble. I will be teaching language courses to university students as a lectrice d'anglais.  Quite the jump from elementary! Classes don't start for another week and a half, and I'm just trying to figure out how things work right now.  My coworkers have been quite welcoming and willing to put me in the right direction for all of my questions.

I found an apartment but it won't be available for a while yet.  For the time being, I've met some very nice new friends that have welcomed me into their home. I've already found a great community here, which is important to me.

Soon I'll need to buy a bike.... Since that seems to be the grenoblois thing to do. Everyone here rides bikes, and it's a very bike friendly city.  There's also the tram and buses so I haven't had any trouble getting around. It's also a very outdoorsy culture and feels more like Denver than anywhere else I've been in France.  You can see it in how people dress, what people carry, and how they get around.  I'm excited to explore my surroundings a bit more once I get settled in.

Soon I'll share some pictures of the beautiful views around here.  Since I'm living out of my suitcase at the moment, things have shifted around and I'll have to find where I stashed everything.

Wishing you all well and à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment