Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Snow in Perpignan!

Well, it happened.  I never thought it actually would, but it did.  It SNOWED in Perpignan.

The temperature dropped a lot this week, and on Tuesday it actually snowed big fluffy snowflakes... for 5 whole minutes. It was beautiful, and it makes me miss the lovely Colorado, with the possibility of feet of snow at a time.  Sadly, nothing stuck and it immediately turned to water on the sidewalks, so now there's nothing to show for it, but at least I can say that I know it's possible.  On a side note, this is the first time I saw snow here and the second year living here, so obviously it doesn't happen too frequently.

Despite a lack of snow in Perpignan, I've been watching it accumulate in the Pyrenees Mountains not so far away, and specifically on the Canigou (the largest mountain in the region).  Usually, the simplest things are good for the soul.  For me, those things include, but are not limited to: family, chocolate, traveling somewhere new, cuddling in bed on a cold night, sunshine, laughing with friends, and the occasional playtime in the snow.  Since snow once in a while is good for my soul, I think I need to take a trip up there sometime soon.  Maybe I'll go skiing or snowshoeing, but the hot springs could do the trick too!

A view of the Canigou as the sun rose on January 8th.

Leaving school, the day before the snow rolled into town, on February 2nd.
:) -- Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment