Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

First Day: Teaching Success

I've now started teaching in my three schools.  Under the language assistant program for the Ministry of Education in France, I teach 12 hours per week, which amounts to two whole days.  This year I'll be working Mondays and Thursdays.  I travel to an outlying village called Pia for the day on Mondays, and Thursdays I divide my time between two schools in Perpignan.

My first day in the schools went quite well.  It was a simple day, presenting myself and the USA/ Colorado, and checking the English levels of my students.  We reviewed numbers and the alphabet in most of my classes.  Whether they remember a lot or not, most of my elementary students have studied at least a tiny bit of English.  So everything is off to a good start, and Monday ended with a lot of smiles and waves and a pack of kids surrounding me with a big hug!  They all wanted to kiss my cheek.  As for the rest of my lessons, this semester is quite short for me since I've arrived so late; soon I'll be doing my Thanksgiving lesson, taking a week break for some quality family time (in the Caribbean!!), and then on to Christmas celebrations...
Walking home from my first day at school.
<3 Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment