Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Snow and Sun

Today, I'm catching up on a few different things I wanted to share...with plenty of pictures too!
Two weekends ago was a whirlwind of fun.  It started right after work on Friday evening with an incredible dinner at Le Figuier.  My three-course dinner was mouthwatering to say the very least! I started with langoustine cooked with butter and garlic that I scooped out of the shell.  Second and most impressive was duck cut into strips, rolled together, and put on a rotisserie with a dried fruit and nut compote on top and complemented by baked potato wedges and a mini vegetable quiche.  For dessert, I had a delicate and delicious lemon meringue tart.  Although I probably will never taste such a delectable dinner again, I absolutely plan to go back to Le Figuier.  I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner, but it was special to discover it with their exceptional Valentine's menu.
The next morning, I woke up bright and early to catch a two-hour bus to Font Romeu, where I spent the day playing in the snow.  After hearing about the feet of snow coming down in Colorado and all of the good skiing that ensued, I felt more at home being in some snow, even if it was halfway across the world in the Pyrenees Mountains.  While I still think Colorado has the Pyrenees beat, it was a wonderful day among friends (who were styling some 80's one-piece snow suits they found at the flea market!).
Skiing at Font Romeu










Moving forward to this past weekend, it was too beautiful and sunny not to be outside.  I decided to check out a nearby lake at Villeneuve-de-la-Raho.  Again, I was joined by language assistant friends.  We had fun taking pictures of the nearby Canigou Mountain, strolling by the lake, and basking in the sun.
Basking in the sunshine at the lake.
Villeneuve-de-la-Raho
Well, I think that about sums it up; things that make me happy are 
friends, food, sunshine, being outside, and discovering new places!

No comments:

Post a Comment