Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Visa Complete.

I'm legal! After being in France for over a month now, my visa process is finally complete!

Today, I was in the city of Montpellier for my final visa appointment.  At 8h22, I left Perpignan and took a beautiful train ride to Montpellier, which is where the immigration office is for the Académie de Montpellier.  Since my appointment wasn't until 14h30, a friend and I decided to explore the city a bit and enjoy an outdoor café.  I had a great chocolat chaud... 

Montpellier itself is really cute and French... winding roads, all the buildings in stone, some protest going on, etc.  We also stumbled upon an exposition in the Chamber of Commerce building that featured some random inventions.  After lunch and playing on the roof of a taller building with some great views, we went to our appointments at the Office Français de l'Immigration et de l'Integration.  This rendez-vous was technically a medical visit to make sure we were healthy enough to stay in France, but it was mostly a lot of waiting... check in, wait, get height and weight checked, wait, x-ray, wait, have the doc say everything's good, wait, give papers (proof of residence in France, paper saying I was exempt from the fee - thank goodness!, and a photo), get a sticker in my passport, and voilà I'm legal!!

While the appointment wasn't a big deal and everything went fine, I'm still glad to have it done and out of the way.  It was cool to get to check out another city too! I look forward to going back to Montpellier for a weekend sometime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment