Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

To France Again!

Thus, it begins! The next adventure is underway.

Here's the deal. I've graduated and still don't know what I want to do with my life. So why not take a year and think things through from Europe? Ok!

I accepted a position for the 2013-14 school year to teach English to elementary kids (ages 7-11) in Perpignan in southern France.  I have been assigned 3 schools in which I'll be teaching a total of 12 hours.  Sounds like a hard life, right? Well, I also have 5 weeks of paid vacation.  Oh darn...

So yesterday I arrived here in Perpignan.  I took 3 planes and 2 trains, while traveling over 24 hours, to arrive in a city that I didn't know.  Not only am I not familiar with it, but I also don't have an apartment yet.  I also conveniently forgot to write down any address for a hotel I had picked out on the internet.  Nevertheless, after a little wondering (with my heavy suitcase), I found a good spot to rest for the next couple of nights. 

The next few days are all about situating myself in this new city.  My first priority is housing, and I have a few apartment showings to go to.  After that, I'll be looking into a phone and opening a bank account.  I also need to visit my schools to meet up with the people in charge and introduce myself.

My work contract officially starts on October 1st with an orientation that day.  Then, teaching officially starts on the 14th.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment